Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Final Blog Post

     Everybody has some sort of relationship with technology, whether they realize it or not. Technology surrounds us in every way, and impacts our everyday lives. However, it can become scary just how much we depend on technology. Whether it's using technology for navigation, to purchase products, or even now driving ourselves, technology has a hold on us and won't let go. 

    When it comes to my relationship with technology, I think it's safe to say that it isn't necessarily unhealthy. I am constantly surrounded by it, and nowadays, technology is used and needed everywhere one will go. Companies have began staying afloat with the use of artificial intelligence in stores and online, as well as boosting their companies popularity with social media accounts. In addition, we have even become reliant on cars to drive us places as some have become self-driving. So as technology advances in society, I am surrounded by it day in and day out. 

    Then again, I can look at the relationship I have with my phone and laptop. As much as I hate to admit it, I do rely on my phone and laptop to a greater amount than I wish I did. The first thing I do every morning is check my phone, and I am on it all the time throughout the day. I am constantly checking it, keeping in touch with people, playing games, and being present on social media. When it comes to my laptop, I am constantly on it as well, doing school work, watching shows and youtube, as well as also play computer games. While I wouldn't exactly call my phone an obsession, I would definitely consider it a necessity in my everyday life. I use my phone to keep in touch with people, whether that is through text messages, calls or especially social media. The rise of social media is a reason why the rise of technology has occurred, especially within Generation Z. 

When you look at this graph to the left provided by Statistica, it shows how often the average person checks their phone. According to the graph, the age groups that look at their phones the most are aged 18-29 and 30-49. When you consider that these ages have been born into generations where the use of technology has risen exponentially, and many every day tasks can be completed through the use of an iPhone or any other kind of smartphone, than it provides a good explanation for why teenagers, including me, are so active with technology. 

    In addition, a very large part of technology that his developed, especially in my generation, has been the rise of social media. I think the presence of social media has played a huge role in the use of technology. Many teens spend much more time on their devices due to being active on the different social media apps. In an article about teens and social media in 2022, social media apps such as Tik Tok have grown rapidly among teens aged 12-17. Some of the others? Instagram, Snapchat and even Twitter have seen an increase in users since 2014. This information is important because it shows that one of the biggest reasons why there has been such an increase and why technology has become so important is because of the use of social media among teens. Even adults are active on social media, with Facebook being primarily one of the biggest social media apps among people aged 30-49. Furthermore, around 95% of children are using technology just to watch Youtube. The rise of social media among our generation has shown us just how much technology is pivotal to our society. 

    As one can see, technology has become a very important aspect into everyday life. Whether it is used for a company, a car, or even a smart home system, it has become a necessity. However, the use of technology took new reform after social media soared. The rise of social media has taken technology into new heights. At the end of the day, while social media has become a clear riser over other forms of technology, the use of technology that forms our world today is only going to become more advanced. 




No comments:

Post a Comment